- ADOPTION/FOSTER APPLICATION
Adoption or Foster in a qualified, non-breeding home is required. In order to ensure that an animal is placed in the environment best suited to meet his/her needs, all applicants must successfully complete the Adoption/Foster placement process. All placements will be made in the best interest of the animal and the adoptive family. The Adoption/Foster Placement Process requires:
1. Completion of this form
2. Veterinarian reference check. Please be advised for the health of all animals, all dogs and cats in the home MUST be up to date on rabies, parvo/distemper, bordetella, and heartworm testing, and those vaccinations needed for felines. Also all birds
in the home must have had a wellness check up and a gram stain within the past year. We cannot, and will not, process any applications if your pets are not up to date. If you fill out the application and your animals are not current we again cannot process your application UNTIL all pets are brought up to date, therefore you delay your adoption/foster process.
3. A brief foster/adoption tutorial on-line (will take about 15 minutes) by the potential adopter. Instructions sent after application is completed.
4. A pre-adoption home consult with an FPR representative.
5. A home visit with the animal you want to adopt in his/her foster home
6. If the match is agreeable by both the applicant and FPR, a signed an adoption contract and paid adoption fee will be required before the bird is released. You can then take your new family member home!
**Please note that we do not ship birds under any circumstances**
**PLEASE NOTE: This application must be completed on a desktop or laptop - if you use a cell phone or tablet, the system may not accept your application. Please also wait until you receive a pop up screen saying your application has been submitted BEFORE closing the web page**
Please do not complete this application until all of the above requirements are agreed to and conditions are met!
Applications will only be processed if you have confirmed that you are over 18 years old.
Only applications from residents of the State of Florida will be accepted.
Please let us know the county you reside in the State of Florida only.
Please be advised that all dogs and cats in the home MUST be up to date on rabies, parvo/distemper and heartworm testing, and those vaccinations needed for felines. Also all birds in the home must have had a wellness check up with gram stain within the past year. We cannot, and will not, process any applications if your pets are not up to date. If you fill out the application and your animals are not current we again cannot process your application UNTIL all pets are brought up to date, therefore you delay your adoption/foster process.
- If you already live with parrots/birds, list the name and contact information for your avian vet
- If you have other animals in your home, please list their vet's contact information
- By signing below, I agree that the items contained in this document are the truth to the best of my knowledge; and I understand that the items contained in this application are legally binding; and I understand that if I am allowed to adopt an animal, the animal must remain in my personal home and under my personal care; and I understand that for four consecutive years following the date of an adoption of an animal, FPR may legally and lawfully remove the animal from my possession for Just Cause (outlined in the adoption contract); and I understand and agree that if my circumstances and/or contact information change, that I must contact FPR immediately and forward any changes to my address(es) and/or phone numbers(s) to FPR immediately; and I also agree to allow FPR to perform a background check prior to approval of this application.