Foster & Volunteer Applications
**We do not allow people who breed to adopt from us or foster for us**
To qualify to foster for Florida Parrot Rescue, the following steps must be completed successfully in the order provided below:
1. Completed application returned via e-mail to email@example.com
2. At the time your application is submitted, a representative of the rescue will complete your vet reference by phone through your veterinarian with the information provided in your application. Any dogs and cats you own must be up to date on vaccinations and dogs must be on heartworm preventative. Any birds owned must have seen a vet within the past year with certain testing in place, not just wing and nail trims (at minimum a physical and a fecal gram stain). If you do not currently own any animals, you will go directly to step 3.
3. You must complete an on-line tutorial (will take approximately 10-15 minutes) on the care of parrots. The link will be provided to you once your vet reference passes.
4. We then send a member of FPR to your home for a home interview.
5. Once your home interview has been successfully completed, you will be contacted by your Foster Coordinator in order to complete all the necessary paperwork we must have on file from you, including a foster contract, at which point you will be added to our yahoo group e-mail, which is the most used form of communication for the group.
Please understand that we do not foster out large cockatoos and macaws to people who do not have previous medium to large bird experience. We do assess applications on a one on one basis and look at not only your home life and work life, but also your experience when we decide what type of bird you are qualified to foster. We do require that all foster birds be fostered with their existing cages, or if found to be inappropriate, with a cage that FPR provides, if one is available. Veterinarian bills on the foster birds are paid by the rescue and all birds that come into rescue do have to be taken to one of our veterinarians by the foster person, all foster birds are vetted at least once and some require multiple visits. We have many vets across the state that work with us to accomplish this. You can find links to our veterinarians on the “links” page of this website.
Please e-mail if you have any questions FLParrotRescue@aol.com
You can download the application in a Word Document. Please complete the application and return the saved file as an attachment or copy and paste the document into an email and return once completed to FLParrotRescue@aol.com
Application to adopt or foster a bird from Florida Parrot Rescue (Use with Adobe Pro ONLY) If you do not have Adobe Pro and try to use this application, it will save as a blank file and we will not receive your information, so please do not use this application unless you have that specific program.
Florida Parrot Rescue Volunteer Application(Word document) Fill out this application if you would like to volunteer at events or for transports (not to foster). Once completed, save the form to your desktop and e-mail it in.
Florida Parrot Rescue Volunteer Application (Use with Adobe Pro ONLY) If you do not have Adobe Pro and try to use this application, it will save as a blank file and we will not receive your information, so please do not use this application unless you have that specific program.